Air Activities badge
The museum does have a limited number of slots to run activities for Scout Groups (or individual sections). Please contact email@example.com in the first instance.
Suggested programme for Cub Scouts
1. Grand Howl & Flag Break.
2. Visit rules and safety (held in Hangar)
3. Bases (held in Hangar), timing depending on numbers.
a. Know the danger of a visit to an airfield.
b. Make and fly 3 different types of paper glider.
c. Identify 6 airlines and their nationalities from their markings.
d. Name and identify the main parts of an aircraft.
4. 1 hour for lunch and free time. It would be advisable to bring packed lunches as unfortunately we cannot provide food, but we can open the NAAFI for drinks, biscuits, crisps and ice creams.
5. Museum quiz, which will take the cubs around buildings and exhibits.
6. 30 minutes of free time, during which the shop will be open for souvenirs.
7. Mark quiz and results (suggest an aviation related prize for the highest score).
8. Flag down. It may be a good idea if the pack leader obtains the Air Activities badges before the visit and presents them at the Museum.
For further details and bookings contact the Museum, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 01986 896644